Your transmission is a component of the engine that converts power to torque. Torque is a force that turns an object—such as weeks—around an axis or axle. Your transmission transforms all of the movement into something that keeps your car moving from place to place. Without an operating transmission, your vehicle won't get you where you need to be. To avoid an expensive auto repair bill, look for these symptoms of transmission trouble.
- Check Engine Light On. While this light could signify numerous issues under the hood, it could also suggest you're combatting transmission issues. Because the check engine light is attached to an intelligent sensor in your engine, it can recognize vibrations and problems before you ever see or hear them. As soon as you notice this light, please take your car to RM Automotive to get it checked out.
- Slippery Gears. One of your transmission's most essential tasks is to manage your gear shifts. When it's defective, your transmission could give your gear shift an error and flip to neutral. In this situation, you will lose control of acceleration and deceleration.
- Burnt Smell. Any and every type of burning smell coming from your vehicle is cause for concern. Fresh transmission fluid tends to smell sweet or tart. When that smell becomes burnt, your transmission fluid has broken down, and the system is becoming overheated, leading to an increase in friction and destructive activity in the engine. Our technicians may quickly resolve this type of problem with a transmission fluid flush or change.
- Unusual Noises When Car Is In Neutral. When your vehicle is in neutral or accelerating, it shouldn't be making a fuss. If you hear grinds, bumps, or any weird sounds, you may have a transmission problem commencing. Strange noises mean it may be time to get your transmission inspected.
- Difficulty Shifting Gears. Your vehicle's gears are constantly shifting when in use. Strange surges of horsepower or grinding noises during gear shifts could mean your transmission is plagued.
A minor transmission problem could turn into a significant breakdown if left ignored. We highly advise that you have your transmission checked out to ensure tiptop performance. At RM Automotive, no trouble is too rough for our technicians. Give us a call or visit today!